Unit 5- Ionic Compounds
1. Explain how the properties of ionic compounds depend on the nature of ionic bonds
2. Describe the properties of covalent compounds.
3. Explain why the properties of ions differ from those of their parent atoms.
4. Name cations, anions, polyatomic ions, and ionic compounds
5. Write chemical formulas for ionic compounds.
6. Determine an atom's number of valence electrons, and use the octet rule to predict what stable ions the atom is likely to form.
Unit 5 Lesson Plan
1A: I & C Properties: Nearpod